To all our valued clients, we would like to update you on the precautions we are taking to address the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation at ECLIPSE DENTAL.
As of the 8th May 2020, the government lifted restrictions on Dental Practices and we can now operate under level 1 restrictions, which means we can now perform most dental procedures, while at the same time keeping you and our team safe.
You can be assured that we are taking all the necessary steps to reduce the spread of infection. When you come in, you will see many changes that we have implemented to maintain our very high level of hygiene and infection control.
What are we doing to keep you safe?
- Each staff have had their temperature checked on arriving to work and are deemed medically fit each day before commencement of work.
- All staff are encouraged to wear surgical masks for the entire duration of the work day; any time staff members exit the office; upon re-entry they must use provided alcohol hand sanitizer and are wearing full personal protective equipment.
- Frequent meetings with the whole team to ensure we are adhering to current guidelines, and doing everything possible during this critical period.
Before You Arrive:
- We carry out an over the phone triage of all patients prior to coming into the practice and another triage when they arrive for their appointment for any temperature and screening questions regarding travel history and COVID 19 symptoms.
When You Arrive:
- We have placed hand sanitisers for patients to use throughout the reception area along with public information about safe hygiene protocols and distancing rules.
- We encourage card payments to avoid handling of cash
- We have also removed all magazines, toys and books from our waiting room. Since most people have handheld devices, free Wi-Fi is available.
- We have staff rostered for cleaning every part of the our dental surgery on a regular basis, from exam rooms to reception, X Ray area, hallways, to toilet, plus high touch points such as doors, door handles, phones, desks, computer equipment, patient chairs, reception desk, pens, clipboards, eftpos terminals and counter-tops.
When You Enter the Treatment Room:
- To reduce oral biofilm, all patient rinse their mouth with an antiseptic mouth rinse prior to commencement of treatment.
- All staff wear full personal protective equipment and high-speed evacuation suction is employed to reduce aerosol spray. All critical treatment areas are covered with protective disposable plastic covers. All instruments are in sterile bags that have been tagged after sterilisation.
After You Leave:
- All single-use items are properly disposed of; reusable instruments are packaged and autoclaved and tagged to hospital standards.
- All soiled single-use gowns and masks are disposed of immediately; non-disposable items are properly disinfected after every patient.
- Treatment rooms are thoroughly disinfected after each patient; common areas including the waiting room are wiped down with a hospital-grade disinfectant solution frequently.
- The health and safety of our patients and staff remain our primary focus, so help us by making sure to assist our staff by not making a mess, and alerting us to any mess that you see, as well as using hand sanitiser and wiping surfaces with alcohol wipes after you have touched them, in particular pens, clipboards, door handles.
We’re Here With You
The Team at ECLIPSE DENTAL wants you and your loved ones to stay safe and well during this challenging time. To book an appointment, call us on 43927666.